You may not be able to class register due to a number of reasons.
- You are enrolled in the unit
- Your Official Communications (OC) via OASIS when the class registration system opens.
- Your attendance mode - online or internal. If you are studying online units you do not need to register in classes.
- If you have a timetable clash. You may need to Swap Classes.
- If you are enrolled in the correct semester.
- If your unit has streamed classes as this may affect the registration process. Please note students studying first year Engineering (EFY) are grouped into streams for class registration and this is created and monitored by the School. If you are studying EFY and have any queries regarding class registration please contact the School. Please be advised changes to class registration for EFY are rare and considered on the basis of exceptional circumstances.
- If all the classes are full: Click the 'View Full Classes' on the My Classes tab. If you wish to attend a specific class time (no other times are available) we recommend the following advice based on the class type:
Lecture: You do not have to officially register for lectures via eStudent and instead can access and watch them online via iLecture
Tutorial: Consult with either the Unit Coordinator (UC) or Tutor to enquire whether you are able to be added to the class list. Generally speaking class lists change over the first few weeks of the study period based on other student enrolment amendments etc. If you have recently enrolled into a unit after the study period commencement date and not been able to consult with the UC or tutor we recommend you attend the required class time and enquire whether you can attend the class.
Laboratory: You will need to consult with the UC prior to attending class. Please note these classes hold strict places and manually adding students to class lists for this class type is never approved.
Workshop: Follow the advice given for a tutorial class type mentioned above.
If you are facing any ‘technical errors’ in eStudent MyClasses please contact Curtin Connect for further assistance.