Skip to main content

I'm a permanent resident or New Zealand citizen who is currently enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP). What do the proposed changes to CSP mean for me?

From 1 January 2018, subsidies for Australian permanent residents and New Zealand (NZ) citizens enrolling in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) are proposed to be withdrawn, making them fee paying students. If you are a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, you will be able to continue your course in a CSP and continue to pay your student contribution amount upfront. However from 1 January 2018, under the proposed changes, if you transfer to another education provider and/or change your course of study, you will lose your CSP. You would instead be enrolled in a fee paying place for your new course or with your new provider and you would be eligible for a FEE-HELP load to defer your tuition fees.



Is this answer helpful?
Updated 08/07/2019 09.42 AM