Skip to main content

Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?

Once you have completed your studies, you will need to seek advice directly from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to confirm how long you can remain in Australia on your current visa. This can vary as it is based on the student’s study and visa history therefore only DIBP can determine that.

Students wishing to remain in Australia after completing their studies may need to apply for another type of visa, please see the DIBP website for more information.
Should you require official documents from Curtin to confirm your status as student, such as a completion letter, please refer to the Current Students website for further information and how to obtain 'Official Student Documentation'.

Is this answer helpful?
Updated 13/08/2018 02.44 PM

Are you receiving our latest info?

Want to know more about our new courses, career possibilities and the best ways to manage your time?

Keep in touch to receive fresh ideas, tips and resources and be the first to hear about upcoming events.

Find out more keyboard_arrow_right