Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


As an international student, can I work in Australia while I'm studying?

The Australian Government has announced a temporary relaxation of student visa work limits to all sectors of the economy for all ongoing international students as well as new student arrivals who wish to commence a job prior to course commencement. This means that international students can work more than 40 hours a fortnight in any sector of the economy while studying. You are not permitted to work until you have started your course.
Your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight, after you have started your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you start your study. 
Please note: Unrestricted work rights for student visa holders are to end on 30 June 2023. Please refer to the announcement from the Department of Home Affairs for further information.
Any student who is unsure of their pay and entitlements or believes they have been underpaid while working in Australian can contact the Fair Work Ombudsman, free of charge, for information and assistance recovering unpaid entitlements.
The Fair Work Ombudsman’s Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94 has a translation and interpreter service available and their website at has professionally translated material as well as a translator plug-in.
Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs for further information on work conditions for student visa holders.
Updated 30/09/2022 02.39 PM