Skip to main content



How do I apply for credits for my previous studies?

The process of applying for credits is referred to as a Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) application.
To be able to apply for CRL:
  • students will need to be admitted into an award course (such as a Bachelor of Education) with Curtin through Open Universities Australia (OUA)
  • prior studies must be completed within the last ten years
  • prior studies must be considered academically equivalent (for example, completed studies under a bachelors degree will not be considered for credits towards a postgraduate degree)
Students who have relevant work experience related to their admitted course of study may apply for CRL.
To apply for CRL, you will need to submit the CRL application form along with your supporting documents (such as an official academic transcript and detailed unit outlines).

For further advice, contact Curtin OUA via email at or via phone call at 1300 222 888 (Phone menu 3-1-1-1).
Is this answer helpful?
Updated 20/04/2020 10.09 AM