Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


How to apply for a Master by Research/Doctor of Philosophy course as an International student?

As an International student prospective Higher Degree by Research (HDR) applicant, you are encouraged to have a proposed research topic in mind and Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume (please refer to the HDR CV Template [.pdf 136 KB]) before making further contact with a prospective Supervisor for discussion in your area of interest.  Please view the Register of Supervisors so you can determine the school that will be most suitable to your area of research interest. After determining your research topic and your possible Supervisor, you may then proceed to lodge your online application for "Admission for a Higher Degree by Research”.

Please read through this very carefully as it includes entry requirements and the information that you will need in order to apply online.


Updated 05/01/2023 11.22 AM