Skip to main content


During business hours, please see your options to contact Curtin Connect.


I am an International student, will I be able to obtain CRL or exemptions?

Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) or Exemptions are given based on previous studies and are related to the major chosen. Units passed in previous studies that do not equate to a Curtin unit will not be exempted. No exemptions will be granted if the units undertaken in previous studies are not units relevant to the course nominated.

To be assessed for CRL, you are required to submit your academic transcripts and award certificate (if the course is completed) from your previous studies. These documents will be assessed to determine whether CRL will be granted. Depending upon the institution where you completed previous studies, you may need to provide the course syllabus and unit outlines. CRL can be assessed as part of your course application and noted in your Letter of Offer for your course.
Is this answer helpful?
Updated 07/10/2021 03.45 PM