Skip to main content


During business hours, please see your options to contact Curtin Connect.


What are my study help loan options? What is the difference, and who is eligible?

If you are a domestic student, you may be eligible for subsidies and/or loans provided by the Australian government, including:
  • Subsidies through Commonwealth supported places (CSP)
  • Student loans through the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The two most common loans seen are the HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP. 
HECS-HELP is a loan available to eligible students enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place to pay their student contribution amounts. To be eligible for HECS-HELP you must: 
FEE-HELP is a loan available to eligible domestic students enrolled in a fee-paying place. To be eligible for FEE-HELP you must: 
You can find more information about HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP on the StudyAssist website.
Other Government supported loans: SA-HELP | OS-HELP
Is this answer helpful?
Updated 03/09/2021 09.45 AM