Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


What are my postgraduate study options?

A graduate certificate broadens the skills and knowledge already gained from an undergraduate degree, or develops your vocational skills in a new area.

Entry: Applicants usually require a bachelor degree but, for some courses, relevant work experience may be recognised.
Duration: Generally six months full-time study or part-time equivalent.

Graduate Diploma
This qualification can give you specialist knowledge in an area in your field, or become the cornerstone of a fresh new career.

Entry: Normally based on a bachelor degree. For some courses, exceptions may be made in the case of less academically qualified applicants with appropriate work experience.
Duration: Generally 12 months full-time study, or 6 months if you've already studied a graduate certificate in the same subject.

Master (by coursework)
This degree comprises coursework, project work, and research in varying combinations. It is designed to enhance your professional skills or help you acquire a deeper understanding of a specific area of knowledge. The advantage of completing a master by coursework is the high level of tutorial advice and study guidance.

Entry: Normally based on a bachelor degree, honours degree, or graduate diploma. For some courses, if you lack formal qualifications but possess relevant experience, you may be eligible to enrol in a graduate certificate or graduate diploma. Provided your performance meets the required standard, you can then qualify for admission to a master by coursework.
Duration: Varies due to the range of entry pathways, but most require the equivalent of two years full-time study.

Graduate Entry Master
A graduate entry master is a fast and intensive equivalent to a bachelor degree which allows you to change your career direction quickly.

Entry: A bachelor degree in a related field is required.
Duration: Varied between 2 and 3 years.
This could be a Master by research, or a Doctorate. At least two-thirds of these degrees must be pure research. Although you may need to complete some coursework units, the major part of the work will be in the form of a thesis written under the guidance of a supervisor.
Entry: Normally a master degree or a bachelor degree with first or upper second class honours.
Duration: 2 years for a Master by research, and 4 years for a Doctorate.

Updated 01/03/2022 08.53 AM