Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


What kind of postgraduate study can I do at Curtin?

Curtin offers a range of courses for postgraduate qualifications:
graduate certificate (GC) will broaden the skills and knowledge you gained in your undergraduate degree, or develop your skills and knowledge in a new area. While most GC courses require you to have an bachelor degree, many courses accept relevant work experience as an admission prerequisite. A GC usually takes six months of full-time study, or part-time equivalent, to complete.

graduate diploma (GD) will give you specialist knowledge in an area in your field, or enable you to embark on a new career pathway. Most GD courses require you to have a bachelor degree in the field; however, some courses will accept relevant work experience as an admission prerequisite. A GD usually takes 12 months of full-time study to complete, or six months if you've completed a graduate certificate in the same subject area.

master by coursework comprises coursework, project work and research. It is designed to enhance your professional skills and give you a deep understanding of a specific knowledge area, and includes a high level of study guidance. Admission to a master by coursework course usually requires a bachelor degree, honours degree or graduate diploma in the subject area. Most courses are two years of full-time study or the part-time equivalent.

A graduate entry master (GEM) course is an intensive course that enables you to change your career direction quickly. Admission usually requires a bachelor degree in a related field. Most GEM courses require between two and three years of full-time study or the part-time equivalent.
Curtin also offers research degrees via a master by research or a doctorate. At least two-thirds of your studies will be pure research, although you may need to complete some coursework units, and most of your work will comprise the development of a thesis under the guidance of a supervisor. Admission requires either a master degree or a bachelor degree with first or upper second class honours. The duration is two years of full-time study for a master by research and four years for a doctorate, or the part-time equivalent.
Updated 28/09/2022 12.13 PM