Skip to main content


During business hours, please see your options to contact Curtin Connect.


Why do I need to pay and obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) if I am commencing studies online outside Australia?

OSHC is a mandatory requirement for student visa holders regardless of whether you are physically in or outside of Australia. If you are applying for a student visa, you will need to provide evidence of OSHC cover to the Department of Home Affairs along with your student visa application.

Also, as soon as borders open up and travel restrictions ease, there is an expectation that students overseas will continue their course face-to-face as soon as possible. Curtin will work with each student currently overseas to provide further details and support regarding Australian Government requirements as soon as available. 


Is this answer helpful?
Updated 14/10/2021 01.03 PM