Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


I have been fully vaccinated overseas. Will the University recognise vaccines not currently recognised or administered in Australia?

No. If you were vaccinated outside of Australia, you must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved or recognised by the TGA. This vaccination needs to be recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register when you get to Australia. However, you may be eligible for a State Government temporary exemption (which Curtin recognises) in certain circumstances.

Once your vaccination record is included on the Australian Immunisation Register, it will appear on any of the following which can be submitted as evidence of your vaccination status:
  • COVID-19 digital certificate
  • International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
  • Immunisation history statement
However where you are vaccinated with a vaccine approved or recognised by the TGA, we will accept a Foreign vaccination certificate that meets the criteria set out by the Australian Passport Office in its guidance on foreign vaccination certificates, available on the Australian Passport Office website

The TGA continues to review other vaccines in widespread use around the world for the purposes of determining ‘recognised vaccines’ for assessing incoming international travellers as being appropriately vaccinated.

The University is seeking urgent advice from the Government and Department of Health as to how individuals who have are vaccinated with vaccines that are not TGA approved will be classified within the vaccinated economy. We are working to get more guidance on this situation and will update this website with further information as soon as it is available.
Updated 05/04/2022 10.50 AM