Skip to main content


Whatever your dream career or ATAR result, we’re here to help you find your place at Curtin, contact Curtin Connect to discuss with a friendly Advisor.
SCHOLARSHIPS- If you are experiencing issues with the scholarships application portal, creating an account or logging in, please refer to this help document.


How do I get proof of my COVID-19 vaccination status in WA if I’m not eligible for Medicare?

If you’re not eligible for Medicare, you need an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) to get your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

You can get an IHI using the Individual Healthcare Identifiers service (IHI service) through myGov. Visit the Services Australia website for instructions on setting up your IHI.

International students:
Before you depart your home country, ensure you have your approved vaccination certificate as listed on the Australia Government guidelines.

Upon arrival in WA, we recommend that you apply for an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) as you will need this to access a COVID-19 immunisation statement via the myGov website. Please note that it may take a few weeks to get IHI therefore we recommend applying as soon as possible. 

When you have your IHI, make an appointment at the Curtin Health Service to request their assistance to upload your international vaccination certificate (s) to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). You will need to bring the following documents to the appointment along with your IHI:
  • your vaccination certificate(s) from the country that issued your certificate
  • your passport to verify your identity
The GP is required to verify your documentation before they can upload your vaccination information into AIR and this will cost $15. Once the information is uploaded into AIR, you can download your Australian COVID-19 digital certificate by visiting the Services Australia website. 
Updated 24/02/2022 10.56 AM