Skip to main content



I am a school leaver. How do I determine whether I am eligible for entry to Curtin?

To be eligible to apply to Curtin, you need a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 70 with English competency, or equivalent. You may also need to satisfy any course prerequisites and have an ATAR high enough for entry into your chosen course.

In order to satisfy the English entry requirement, you will need to have attained a scaled mark of at least 50 in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language/Dialect (EALD).

To satisfy any course prerequisite requirement, a scaled mark of 50 or more is required. Scaled marks are only accepted for ATAR courses.

For further information regarding the course entry requirements for the course you are interested in, please refer to the TISC Course Search for the course that interests you.

If you aren't sure if you meet the requirements of a course, feel free to contact the Future Students team on 1300 222 888

If you completed high school from 2008 onwards, you must also have a Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE). Further information on WACE is available from the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (formerly known as the Curriculum Council).

If you are a school leaver who has not met the WACE requirements, please contact the Admissions Office on 1300 222 8888 or email

Is this answer helpful?
Updated 08/11/2019 09.25 AM