Mentors are senior student volunteers who know from personal experience what it is like to begin studies at university.
Mentors are trained to provide guidance on adjusting to university, how to use Curtin's systems, balancing your studies and where to go for personal and study support. You can ask a Mentor anything related to settling at University, such as:
- Where do I find my book list?
- What is the room numbering system on campus?
- Where do I find my assessment list?
- What is the difference between a tutorial and a lab?
- How to I activate my Transperth SmartRider?
- What support services are available?
- What clubs and societies can I join?
Visit the New to Curtin Mentor Program website for further information.
Mentors cannot provide academic support or tuition, please see the study support website for programs to support your academic development.
If you are a current student, you may wish to consider applying for the Next Step: Industry Mentoring program which connects penultimate and final year students to industry mentors.